The BRAINSTORM program aspires to have a lasting impact on the field of mental health by leveraging ideas and methods from computational brain science. We focus on building tools that can change the lives of millions suffering from mental health problems and help many others become happier and healthier.
To that end, we aim to:
- Train impact-oriented brain scientists and connect them with industry
- Advance projects and ideas with the potential for commercialization or broader adoption by the scientific community, industry or society in the area of mental health
- Facilitate the translation and application of computational brain science research to clinical applications and commercialization
- Unite brain science and industry to improve mental well-being
- Lay the ground for new brain science-inspired startups that promote well-being
- Provide a commercial launching pad and interdisciplinary training opportunities for impact-oriented brain scientists